(1) When using this site, there is no need to provide any personal information, such as name and address, which can identify the user. To use any of the following services provided on this site, the user is asked to register personal information.
a. Services that require provision of personal information
- ID registration for veiwing 'Internal Access' materials
- Using a material duplication service
- Acceptance of inquiries and questions
b. Examples of personal information to be provided
- Email address
- Zip code, address, telephone number
- Other information necessary for providing various services
(2) JICA saves, uses, or analyzes personal information collected from users within the scope necessary to perform JICA activities to seamlessly implement services provided by this site and as a reference for ODA operations. The information collected may be shared among departments in JICA depending on the content.
(3) To improve services provided, Google Analytics, an access analysis tool from Google, is installed on this site. Google Analytics uses a cookie [*] to track behavioral data on visitors, as well as to measure user attribute data such as age, gender and interests acquired from Google's advertisement network and other services. These packets of information do not contain any personal information and will not be used for any purpose other than the purposes specified.
To disable Google Analytics, you can apply the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provided by Google Inc.
Download Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on [external site /A new browser tab will open]
Also, you can disable the cookie function by changing your browser settings; however, please note that, by doing so, part of the services may not be available.
[*] Cookies are a mechanism to temporarily store data on a user's computer through a browser when a user visits a website. Information on the user's device and the number of visits to the site are recorded in a cookie and used to identify the user when they visit the site.